I'm back

msleesa
on 3/20/13 9:17 am

I found this website about two years ago. I was scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Kelly, but I backed out due to fear. My family also wasn't the most positive group of people. They kept telling me that I was going to die. I recently was diagnosed with diabetes (type 2). I really want to have surgery despite what anyone tells me. I'm just becoming unhealthier every year. I want my life back. I created this thread for people to share their experiences with me. Especially those who have traveled outside of the country for VSG. I'm hoping to make supportive friends who can help me with positive vibes when I have surgery. My goal is to have the money for MX by June. 

Hislady
on 3/20/13 9:29 am - Vancouver, WA

Just like here in the US there are good and bad surgeons so be sure to really research your doc. Especially don't go for the cheapest ones because again just like here you get what you pay for. Other than that I wish you the best.

Linda_S
on 3/20/13 10:34 am - Eugene, OR

Msleesa - you live in that body.  In my opinion, you know best what to do for it, in conjunction with your doctor.  I have not regretted having my surgery, despite getting a rare complication of RNY Gastric Bypass - hypoglycemia.  If I knew then what I know now, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.  I am so much lighter and able to do so many more things at this weight than I could do when I was really heavy.  Find a good doctor and go for it.  You deserve it.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

msleesa
on 3/20/13 10:54 am

Thank you Linda. I'm regret not getting it done two years ago. I'd be at my goal weight by now and i'd be a much happier person. I'm still doing research on a surgeon. I may just go through the process with Dr.Kelly again. I'm waiting to speak to him tomorrow.

Jah Bless 

Kathleen W.
on 3/20/13 10:59 am - Lancaster, PA

You have to do what is best for you and your health.Even though I had complications right after my rny (pancreatitus and a fungal infection in the lungs-everything clear up well), I would do it all over again. It made appreciate the body I have.  We  only get one shot at this life and we don't want to blow it away.Do your research on surgeon (malpractice suits, success rates, ever been fired from a hospital, etc) There is one other thing you need to consider about going out of country. If, God forbid, complications occur after surgery,  will hospital in this country meet your needs, who will do your post surgry follow up, etc?

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

MsBatt
on 3/21/13 8:34 am
Most Active