textured vegetable protein question

Karen1961
on 3/20/13 12:23 pm - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

I and my pouch rreAlly like this stuff, but I'm wondering....on the nutritional info when it says 1/4 cup is 13 g. of protein is that 1/4 before or after hydration?   I'm hoping it's after because I can't ear the whole hydrated portion!

Valerie G.
on 3/20/13 12:49 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Most vegetable proteins are not bioavailable to be absorbed easily in our bodies.  Hopefully someone will chime in who knows more about this product.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Karen1961
on 3/20/13 1:28 pm - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

I've read that but I had thought this was ok.  It's soy and I see it used a lot in  recipes from bariatricfoodie.

Valerie G.
on 3/21/13 1:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It can be as simple as pairing it up with a compatible protein source to get the benefit.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 3/21/13 1:40 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I use any soy product very sparingly as it can totally mess up your hormones if used in excess. also,not sure this matters to you but soybeans are high on the list of genetically modified foods. that is a real deal breaker for me.GL

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/13 2:29 am
At one time in my life I used soy daily. It was advertised as healthy food. That really messed up my hormones, specially thyroid. It took me over a year to Get back to normal while avoiding soy (it is in so many foods)
Now I can have some once in a while but I still avoid it if I can. And the GMO is scary stuff. Read on that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active