Liver reduction diet

Jamie.d
on 3/31/13 1:12 pm - Buffalo, NY
I am 4 days into my diet and I'm finding it to be extremely difficult. Anyone else feel like this!? My surgery is 4-11 and I'm starting to doubt myself
MsBatt
on 4/1/13 1:42 am

What sort of diet are you on? In all truth, it takes MONTHS to actually reduce the size of your liver. What you're trying to do right now is reduce the glycogen stored in your liver, which makes it less 'slippery' and easier to manipulate. In order to do this, it doesn't really matter what specific foods you eat, or whether they're liquids or solids---you need to be eating a high-protein, extremely low-carb diet. That can be a liquid diet (if your surgeon is a sadist), or a diet of lean meats, eggs, cheese, nuts, seafood, green veggies.

Leanne1
on 4/1/13 9:19 am - Newmarket, Canada

Are you on optifast??

I did optifast and days 3 and 4 were my hardest days.. It gets better just keep your eye on the prize :D

Jamie.d
on 4/1/13 9:50 am - Buffalo, NY

its 3 bariatric fusion shakes a day(which i find to be repulsing) ive traded those for carnation instant breakfast 1/2 cup of green veggies for dinner and 2oz of lean meat. 64oz of clear liquid. im so hungry and ive actually had a awful headache for the past 2 days. any advice???!

MsBatt
on 4/2/13 2:45 am

Your headache may be caused by sudden withdrawal from sugar or caffeine. Time is the only cure, unless you're willing/able to eat ONE BITE of something sugary.

Jamie.d
on 4/1/13 9:52 am - Buffalo, NY

i can also have sugar free jello or pudding or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or oatmeal twice a day.

dukes45
on 4/1/13 12:24 pm - NY

My wife and I are completing day 1. We are also having our surgery on 4/11. Both of us are strictly on 4 fusion shakes a day and sugar free popsicles. Im home all day and it seems every add on TV is for food. Try keeping yourself busy and concentrate on the goal. Where is your surgery?

Jamie.d
on 4/1/13 1:29 pm - Buffalo, NY
My surgery is at sisters hospital...you guys are having it the same day that's so great for support!!! Congrats! Today seemed to be the easiest day for me
So far but it still rough! Especially cooking for my son who's 20 months..so hard to remember not to taste what he's having since its a habit to check it always! The baratric fusion shakes were so disgusting to me!! What flavors are u using?
Have2laugh
on 4/1/13 10:53 pm - Cheektowaga, NY

Hi! I am Dukes45's wife. We will see you at Sisters on the 11th!

Jamie.d
on 4/1/13 10:55 pm - Buffalo, NY
That's awesome! Ill be there at 530 bright and early!
Most Active