WHY AM I SO TIRED?

kateyeburger
on 4/30/13 12:44 am - mineral ridge, OH

i am 7 years out of rny. my blood levels are all within range with b12 and D on the low side. and doing vitamin therapy for almost a month but my fatigue seems to be getting worse instead of better. any thoughts?

hukunamatata

' HE  WHO  HESITATES  IS  LUNCH'
datachick
on 4/30/13 2:51 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

How many calories do you eat? What kinds of foods? How much protein you getting every day? How much exercise are you doing?

Answer those and maybe we can help!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

hollykim
on 4/30/13 3:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM Pacific Time, kateyeburger wrote:

i am 7 years out of rny. my blood levels are all within range with b12 and D on the low side. and doing vitamin therapy for almost a month but my fatigue seems to be getting worse instead of better. any thoughts?

"doing vitamin therapy for almost a month"?  Please don't tell me this means that for some or all of the last 7 years you have not been taking your vitamins? If that is what you are saying,then it might take years,not months for you to feel better.

You need to hope and pray that you have not caused irreversible damage to your self.

GL

kateyeburger
on 4/30/13 3:57 am - mineral ridge, OH

no, i've been taking my vitamins, they are all within normal range. dr thought the extra b12 and d would make me feel better, it hasn't. don;t eat much because i have no appetite. eat mostly proteins, veggies and some carbs. only exercise is at work.

hukunamatata

' HE  WHO  HESITATES  IS  LUNCH'
hollykim
on 4/30/13 7:03 am, edited 4/30/13 7:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

You HAVE to eat appetite or not. if you don't get enough protein your body will start to cannibalize itself. Don't believe me? google "protein deficiency".  Your body will start breaking down your muscles to get the protein it needs. Considering your heart,lungs kidneys and muscles are muscles,you don't want to go there. This is what happens when anorexics  get to the end of their lives. they just drop dead one day cause their heart can no longer function with no protein.

are you getting at least 60 oz of protein a day? At least 64 oz of SF liquid a day? Dehydration can make one very tired all the time.

In addition to getting your vitamins bumped up,you seriously need to get with a food program. are you tracking every day? I bet you don't have a clue,really,how many calories and protein you get a day,do you?

poet_kelly
on 4/30/13 6:16 am - OH

When you say "on the low side," what does that mean?  When B12 is below 550, people often get tired.  However, many labs list the reference range for B12 as something like 200-900.  Also, low D sometimes causes fatigue, and labs often list the reference range for D as something like 30-100, when the Linus Pauling Institute and other sources say we need our D to be at least 80 for good health.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 5/1/13 12:24 am

Low B-12 and D will cause exhaustion.  Also anemia which is something to look into.  Be sure your doctor has also ran your ferritin level, TBIC, Iron Saturation, not just a CBC that shows your hematrocrit and hemoglobin.  Some surgeons/PCPs do not run them and that will actually tell you how your iron stores are which it appears for many of us to be a problem; some early out and others long-term.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active