Protein Powders

Patti N
on 5/10/13 12:50 am - AA county, MD

Can someone give me some ideas on good tasting protein powders?  I have tried a few but the taste of some of them is horrible. 

~Patti~

Audge
on 5/10/13 1:14 am - Los Angeles, CA

I used 100% Whey Protein, but it does taste horrible so I added ice, orange juice mixed with water and all different to make it like a fruit icy and you really get creative when you taste the first one you make,I used fresh fruit. Try it

martitalinda
on 5/10/13 5:07 am

Audge I LOVE adding a SF orange drink mix or squeezing an orange into my whey protein powder on the occasions after a long run that I just want a shake ... I make this AWESOME Orange Julius .... tons of ice.... whey protein powder... a packet of SF orange mix and it blend into an awesome shake ... I love it!!! I do the same with blueberries and other fruits too .... delicious!!! and nutritious... I love love love having this after a good run or a long swim or after the gym... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kat1313
on 5/10/13 2:12 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I had a terrible time finding one I could drink without gagging - they were all so thick and the protein taste/smell just made me ill.  I finally came across Syntrax Nectar (order online).  They have a number of flavors, taste a lot like Crystal Lite or Koolaid.  The two flavors that I've liked so far are Fuzzy Navel and Strawberry Kiwi, both very light and fresh tasting.   Of course everyone's tastes are different so you may like something else.  I ordered samples of a number of different flavors from their website - didn't want to buy a big container of anything until I knew it was something I could stand to drink.  Good luck!

Melissa Nicely
on 5/10/13 3:12 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I like the Pure Protein from Wal-Mart, they have Chocolate and Vanilla. I mix mine with Almond or Coconut Milk(from the milk section in Walmart) and a hand full of ice. It seems to help a lot on the taste. You can also get the unsweetened syrups from the coffee isle and use a little bit of them in your shakes.

Jen 1959
on 5/10/13 9:26 am - NH

Meliisa, I saw the Pure Protein at Walmart, along with Body Fortress and another brand , Six Star Nutrition.

Have you tried the other 2 or only the Pure Protein?

whitecove
on 5/10/13 4:39 am - ME

I have been using UNJURY.   It comes in different flavors and the taste is actually good.  It has to be ordered through their website but it ships very quickly.  The cost is about 1.25 per meal.

Patti N
on 5/10/13 11:08 am - AA county, MD

Thanks everyone!  I have pure protein in chocolate. I'm not sure what to put in it or mix in it to taste better. It is inexpensive. Maybe I will try the coconut milk or the almond milk.  I sent for chike brand sample pack.  I will update you on how it is. 

~Patti~

Blondie76
on 5/12/13 12:04 am - AL
If you're wanting to cover the taste to use up what you have, try mixing it with coffee, cocoa powder, sf pudding mix (the dry stuff), milk of choice and half a frozen banana, nut butter or pb2, even frozen berries or extra sweetner.

I buy syntrax nectars in vanilla bean torte. That way I can really change the flavor and am not limited to chocolate. I add dark cocoa powder if I want chocolate. GNC makes a good premade one, total lean 25. I keep a few vanilla in the fridge for days I'm running late and need something. Jay Robb is good too. Pricey here though. Good luck finding something that works for you!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/13 5:30 am

I'm using CVS Whey Powder (chocolate) mixed with vanilla almond milk - I think it tastes pretty good. Plus, it's relatively inexpensive compared to other (less tasty) powders.

Most Active