Numbness in my leg

Strjen
on 5/19/13 11:19 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
For the past 2 weeks I've had this numbess feeling on the outside of my left lower leg. I only notice it when I rub it, shave or bump it or rub it against something. I can walk & everything just fine. All my labs are great so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with being deficient. Anyone else ever have anything like this?

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Hislady
on 5/19/13 3:00 pm - Vancouver, WA

I had that and burning in my feet, it was diagnosed as neuropathy and I take neurontin for it. The numbness didn't bother me but the burning in my feet sure did, hence the meds but I noticed the numbness went away with the meds too. You might want to see a neurologist to get a diagnosis and whether or not you want any meds for it or if that is even what it is.

Strjen
on 5/19/13 10:30 pm, edited 5/19/13 10:30 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

My PCP has put in a referral for me to see a neurologist for my constant headaches so I will definitely be bringing up the numbness with them as well. I recently within the last month been seeing a chiropractor for my headaches & am wondering if maybe that has something to do with it too. I'm not sure but I definitely will be bringing it up at my appointment. Thanks for the comment.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Miss Liss
on 5/19/13 11:54 pm

I had something similar, but in my right leg, after I had lost all of my weight.  Lab work ruled out any deficiencies.  My doctor determined it was more than likely a pinched nerve.  Medication didn't help so I went to the chiropractor who said that I was about 3/4 inch out of alignment probably due to the massive weight loss.  Things shifted, I guess.  I went to the chiropractor once a week for a several weeks, every other week for a few weeks and then once per month for maintenance adjustments.  The numbness went away and hasn't returned.   

Most Active