almost 2 years posr sleeve still not at goal :-(

Gabby129
on 6/2/13 5:58 am - ray brook , NY
I had my surgery july 27th 2011 and still not at goal. My high was 310lbs my lowest weight was last aug at 194lbs now back at 208lbs!!!! I can't blame anyone but myself !!! starting back on shakes I want to get down to 190 by the end of the month is this doable ??!? Need some motivationnnnn help!
Hislady
on 6/2/13 6:43 am - Vancouver, WA

This is just my personal opinion but I think you would do better to go with solid protein, low carb diet and lots of water. Shakes are liquid so they aren't going to fill you up as much as a solid protein will and lots of water will help flush everything out. I also don't like to see people put date limits on weight loss as it can make you feel like you failed if you don't make it. So doable, maybe, however your best bet is to just go back to basics and do your protein, low carb and lots of water, good luck!

Gabby129
on 6/2/13 10:06 am - ray brook , NY
Thank you! Yes i think i may just do a shake in the morning and solid food the rest of the day
shoutjoy
on 6/2/13 7:16 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi Gabby,

Being in a profession to empower women. I hope you are.  I hope you are working on good healthy food choices, cardo and strength training workouts and being kind to yourself.  Just possibly you need more support.  You haven't mentioned anything about that.  Are you seeing a nutritionist? Maybe you need to find a support group or maybe a Life Coach.  You know, that gray matter between the ears can get us into lots of trouble.

Hang in there!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Melody2
on 6/3/13 6:17 am
VSG on 04/10/13

It's not all or nothing in this moment.  Take a deep breath.  Acknowledge where you are and make a plan to take action.  Personally, I have tendency to adopt the "all or nothing, strict diet approach" when my scale numbers are not where I want them.  However, I'm learning that the extreme all or nothing approach works for about 48 hours before my body says, "What the heck are you doing?"  So, slow and steady, focus on solid protein that will keep your tummy happy, and drink lots of water.  Make small changes that enable you to claim success for that day, that moment, or perhaps that week or month.  You got this.  Be loving and kind with yourself.  A great success moment is that you realize you want to take charge of your health.  That's a great step in reaching your goal.  Again, you got this.  You can do it.

MsBatt
on 6/3/13 9:25 am

Here's the truth---MOST people don't lose 100% of their excess weight. You're considered a 'success' if you lose 50% of your excess weight. I don't know what your goal weight is/was, but you really need to learn to be happy with weighing somewhat more than that.

WLS isn't about getting thin---it's about getting healthy.

Most Active