Bypass diet without surgery

Nicole R.
on 6/11/13 11:10 pm - Allentown, PA

Has anyone here attempted the bypass diet without having surgery?  Since i was denied, that's my new plan.  Already decided. Started yesterday. 

I did Optifast in 1990 and lost significant weight in a short time.  I gained it back after a few years mostly because of a terrible marriage and poor self esteem.  I know I can forgo solid food for an extended period of time, especially if I allow a light meal once a day with my family.  It also keeps me from throwing up everyday f my solid food choice is soft.  

Any feedback? 

hollykim
on 6/12/13 2:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
If it had worked before you would not have been trying to get wls.

Why were you denied?
GL

Nicole R.
on 6/12/13 2:17 am - Allentown, PA

They said they only take out a band if it has a mechanical defect. 

hollykim
on 6/12/13 7:51 am, edited 6/12/13 7:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I would take the money I would pay for  Optifast and contact Walter Lindstrom at Lindstrom obesity advocacy. They have helped hundreds of ppl in your shape and often give appeals advice over the phone. I would do that before I gave up. That is what your insurance co wants you to do...give up.

GL

Nicole R.
on 6/12/13 12:58 pm - Allentown, PA

Thanks so much!  This looks like the advocate I need.  I hope it's not too costly.  

hollykim
on 6/19/13 9:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

It was costly enough but not outrageous. They let me make a down payment and they did so much work and I was allowed to make payments monthly and when I reached a certain amount they would do more work.

christine500
on 6/12/13 3:57 am

For me the surgery is not about weight loss.  I can lose the weight.  Have done it before, and could do it again.  The problem is the keeping it off.  That is where this surgery will help the most.

Nicole R.
on 6/12/13 4:29 am - Allentown, PA

That makes so  much sense.  I wish I could get it done.  

christine500
on 6/12/13 5:06 am
On June 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM Pacific Time, Nicole R. wrote:

That makes so  much sense.  I wish I could get it done.  

Maybe you can do self-pay?  That is what I am doing.  Wish the insurance would pay, but like you, that is not an option for me.

Most Active