any options after revision?

nikki050
on 6/18/13 1:28 am - Milwaukee, WI
I posted recently that I have gained 60 PDS even after gastric bypass revision....does anyone know if they are any other surgical options? Feeling stuck.
tierratyus
on 6/18/13 1:45 am - Moorhead, MN

I have not had a revision but I would suggest following your plan from surgery. Start with the basics. It is hard once you get off the plan but get back on, meet with a nutritionist and go to support meetings. The surgery is just a tool. You need to learn how to use your tool correctly.

I had surgery Feb 2, 2012. I went from 280 to now 158 so i have not regained any I am still losing a pound her and there but i do stick to my "healthy eating".. I try not to stick anything in my mouth that does not FUEL my body. Obviously on occasion I will have dessert but because of my past i know that is something I cannot have everyday. My best advise is if you eat something you shouldn't don't count the entire day as a loss start over that same minute!!

Good luck, I am rooting for you!

Melissa mail

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/13 5:22 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

What type of revision did you have? Did they extend your channel to make you malabsorb more? Make your pouch smaller?

The best revision and probably the only working revision I've seen after RNY is to have a duodenal switch. It's expensive and costly, but if you find a good DS surgeon who has done RNY to DS revisions, you may find yourself some success. You can eat more fat calories by far with DS than with RNY because you malabsorb like 80% of the fat you eat! So you can eat eggs, meat, cheese, full fat everything and it won't matter that much. It's a very successful weight loss surgery for a lot of people.  If I were you, I'd head over to the DS forum on here and see if anyone can give you advice on an RNY to DS revision. You will have to find a surgeon that has done these before, they are kind of rare. Good luck!

Most Active