Here We Go Again!!!

allegedlylisa
on 6/18/13 10:41 pm

So, after surgery, I got an infection inside my belly incision and they had to cut a whole to drain it.  So I had two holes (or, as I like to say it, 3 belly buttons).  It took months for them to heal - 6 months to be exact.  And I was sooo excited when I finally didn't have to pack either of the holes any more.  It got tiresome really quick.  Lo and behold, I was having pain around my second incision - and I thought maybe it was because of the hernia I have, but it's hot and red again, and super hard.  So, I'm off to the doctor again this afternoon, and I'm 99% sure they are going to have to cut into it again to let the infection drain.  While I know it has to be done, I am sooo not looking forward to having to deal with another owie that's going to take months to heal.  And it means I can't go into the pool for water aerobics for some time again.  I'm frustrated, because that's the best form of exercise for me right now.  Sighhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Lisa

VSG on 06/12/13
Keeping a good thought for you.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/19/13 12:21 pm - Belleville, IL

I am sorry you have had these complications!  ((((hugs)))) keeping you in thoughts and prayers and hope you heal up soon. Hopefully they can fix the problem! Hang in there, you are strong and doing GREAT!

Warmly,

Ducky

allegedlylisa
on 6/19/13 12:31 pm

Thanks for the kind thoughts!  Turns out that they won't cut me open to drain the infection until they do an ultrasound - because apparently I have a pretty good size hernia in there also.  So ultrasound at 7:00 am tomorrow morning and then they'll figure out what to do.  They better do something soon, cuz I feel like my belly is gonna pop any second - and an alien head will come out LOL

Lisa

Most Active