Cigna & Approval Process

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 7/3/13 1:50 am

My dr.'s office called and told me that recently Cigna changed their requirements.....nothing too major.....just that the 3 nutritionist visits in 3 months is now 3 visits in no less than 89 days  (before it could be any time in 3 months....which meant you could possibly get in those appointments in as little as 33 days or so).

Is anyone else in the approval process with this Cigna situation?   Or were you?  How did it turn out?  Did they honor the original agreement or have they switched to the new requirement?  Thanks!

My last appointment was less than 89 days out, and the dr told me to keep it as Cigna may still approve it.....I was a little surprised by that.  [needless to say, if they approve it as is, it will be a nice surprise, but if not, I will  go the full 3 months if that's what it takes--I just hate not knowing LOL)

Thanks for your help!  --Sis

Hislady
on 7/3/13 5:16 am - Vancouver, WA

The only way to find out is to call the insurance co.

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 7/3/13 6:11 am

I suppose I could do that LOL  After the new rules went into effect, 10 out of 11 of the surgeon's cigna patients were still approved with the old rules.....and one was denied using the new rule.....It all depended upon who worked on the case....and I don't want to draw any attention to my particular file LOL  Thanks!

Most Active