1 wee****il surgery. What should I take? Suggestions from the pro's???

Traci Z.
on 7/8/13 10:19 am - CA

One wee****il surgery. Any suggestions on what I should bring to the hospital? Maybe something you forgot that you wanted while you were there. Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks Traci

Never say, never - It always seems to bite you in the butt later......

Teach64
on 7/8/13 10:31 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

You really will need a lot. My surgery was last Monday. I packed Chapstick, my toothbrush and paste. That's it. They gave me slippers at hospital and I wore the gowns the provided. I wore very comfy clothes to hospital and wore same ones home. Make sure you wear pants with an elastic waist because you will be bloated. I had no desire to read or look at the Internet. So I did not bring my kindle or iPad. I had my phone. Best of luck to you - you will do great:-)

Tracy D.
on 7/8/13 10:47 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I agree with Teach.  I took my iPad with me and never looked at it once.  I was too focused on sleeping, walking, drinking, getting up and down to use the bathroom...it took all my energy and focus just to do those things.  I don't think I even turned the TV on in my room.  

Chapstick, hand lotion and my cell phone was all I really needed. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

BelieveInFaith
on 7/8/13 11:08 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

One week to go for me too!!! I'm planning on taking my robe, slippers, deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, and cell phone.  I'm not moving in so I'm packing light, lol.  Just the basics. kiss

Never accept NO for an answer.

Traci Z.
on 7/8/13 1:48 pm - CA

Awesome! So glad for you.  So tired of Protein drinks! Cant wait to get this over with.  Thanks for the helpful advise.  

maldonado707
on 7/8/13 12:19 pm - CA

One week for me too so excited and nervous lol just taking the basics as everyone said i got a not to not forget my phone charger which i always seem to forget lol well best of luck to you :)

Kathy-cny
on 7/8/13 12:49 pm - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Hi...good luck to all of you w upcoming dates! I brought all the stuff listed but also my pillow.....love my pillow that I got when I purchased a new mattress a few years ago and never thought I would be of those people that bring their pillow to hotels and hospitals .....now I can't sleep without it! And to think I used to tease my mother about dragging hers along on trips.....OH No I have turned into my mother!

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Traci Z.
on 7/8/13 1:50 pm - CA

LOL! Thats funny. We all seem to turn into our mothers if we like it or not.  I say the same thing to myself all the time.  Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Linda_S
on 7/9/13 1:22 pm - Eugene, OR

Chapstick and my iPod with relaxation sounds on it so I could sleep at night.  Also my own pillow - it helped me to sleep and was great against my stomach on the ride home!  That's about all you need.  They give you everything else and with the drugs, you really won't care.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active