Pre-op Diet Bariatric Advantage vs. Optifast

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 7/17/13 9:18 pm

Tell me, if you had to choose between the two (BA or Optifast), which would you do.....they have given me that choice, and since I haven't had either, I didn't know what to say............but $50 vs. $250 for 12 days of food, I chose the Bariatric Advantage......plese tell me it's not too bad.  Thanks loads!  --Sis

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/13 4:10 pm
On July 18, 2013 at 4:18 AM Pacific Time, Lisas-Ltl-Sis wrote:

Tell me, if you had to choose between the two (BA or Optifast), which would you do.....they have given me that choice, and since I haven't had either, I didn't know what to say............but $50 vs. $250 for 12 days of food, I chose the Bariatric Advantage......plese tell me it's not too bad.  Thanks loads!  --Sis

Have you ever looked at the nutrition label on OptiFast?  It's a horror.  Way too high in sugar and carbs IMHO.  Check out the the ingredient list:

~~Ingredients (French Vanilla): Water, Sugar, Sodium Caseinate (Milk), Calcium Caseinate, Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate Tribasic, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Mono and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Cellulose Gum, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12).~~

The 2nd ingredient is SUGAR.  20gms of carbs is not a great protein shake for weight loss.  My usual protein shake that I have been using for over six years has either 2-3gms carbs, I forget which.

I have never tried the stuff but I don't recall ever reading someone writing that they love it.  They gag it down.

What you do not want to do is buy it through your doctor.  You can get BA cheaper (usually) via Amazon.  I do not know the nutritional info on BA, however.

OptiFast is gross, too much sugar, and wayyyyy expensive.

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 7/18/13 11:03 pm

Many thanks!   Phew glad I didn't go for the optifast.....I'll have to check on the BA......what protein drink are you using, if you don't mind my asking?  I've been taste testing the protein drinks somewhat and like the RTD premier protein.(really wish they'd approve my using this one).

Most Active