I had surgery over 10 years ago......(reconstructive surgery)

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 12:44 pm - Wrightwood, CA

I've lost over 185 lbs. About 3-4 years later I had the panneculectomy surgery and it was very necessary because the excess skin made it hard to exercise and a do a lot  of things plus medically it caused a lot of bad things (trust me) . But I have yet to have any other reconstruction surgery. I toned up a bit but I have arms that look bigger than my grandma no matter how much I tone. I want to get my breast lift, reduced the skin. I Went from 60DDD to a 38DDD. I want my thighs done and I want to be able to see my belly button without lifting up my skin. (tummy tuck).

I saw a plastic surgeon years ago and he told me. The MORE I loose weight......the better I will look when I have reconstruction. But he didn't tell me HOW MUCH more to loose weight. But when I saw him he said he can remove about 25 lbs at least or more.

I see a lot of "reconstructive" web sites before and after pictures. I see people that weight LESS than me, same age, same height, and their weight after surgery (even after weeks of recovery). They weight MORE than what I weight currently. Not to be mean.....my body looks better than some of theirs "after surgery results even a year later".

I would like to know what where peoples highest weight........what kind of plastic surgery (reconstructive) they had, their weight after wards. Was it worth it? Did it make a difference or do you wish you waited till you lost more weight?

I am still loosing little by little. But I really want to do the reconstruction. But if i loose more......then I will have more loose skin?

I am 5'4''. 36 years old. Single. No kids (doubt I will have any....wish).....I was over way over 350 lbs before they would do the surgery. I had my surgery through Kaiser. Since I was one of the new patients. My doctor recommended me. I had an appointment i a week and in One MONTH I was on the surgery table. I had the R-N-Y. Yes I have had many bad complications. But it was the best decision. I done.

Also any old timers out there....meaning had surgery as long as me......and how are you guys doing?

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option!

Member Services
on 8/17/13 12:51 pm - Irvine, CA

This would be great question to post on the plastic surgery forum, here is the link:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/

Also here is a link to an informative article on plastic surgery:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/62-important-questions-t o-ask-your-plastic-surgeon-2/

Good luck and if you need further assistance you can email: [email protected]

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 12:55 pm - Wrightwood, CA

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option!

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 3:32 pm - Wrightwood, CA

I fixed my ticker......and will soon start working more on this web site some more filling information and more before and after pictures.. I figure things out fast.

*****But if you know someone who had surgery years years years ago. I would REALLY like to know how they are doing. Any complications, weight gain.How is their diet. Because I can't find much information online statistic wise on how people are doing*****

I will be adding more pictures. I use to have a big before and after my surgery. But when I logged into this web site again (haven't used it for a while), the format changed. But that is fine with me. I adapt very fast and am a great learner. I will be re-uploading some more pictures. Believe me I have TONS.

I didn't loose all the weight perfectly. I gained a little bit....and lost. Plateau...learned how to change my calorie intake....lower my excercise....I was burning thousands a day.......then started loosing again. I figured out my body when its time to change. I figure out little tricks to get my body back into loosing mode. That is why I have kept it off all these years. But would love to hear from others....what are their secrets to keep maintain weight lost and loose more.

Once again. Thanks to OH for helping me all these years. You guys are doing a great job!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/13 9:19 pm

I know of some wonderful plastic surgeons near you .  First , Dr. Sauceda in Mexico.  Second , a plastic surgeon  in Newport CA called I think Dr. Ashkar .. ill look up the link in a minute .

He pioneered what he calls a spiral thigh  and arm lift and the scarring  works a lot better with the anatomy of the body .  He also pins the skin to the muscle below it  so it heals seamlessly and together (no flapping ) 

Most Active