New Jockey Bra

sancie
on 9/16/13 2:24 am

I went outlet shopping this weekend when I realized I had absolutely no long sleeves.  After a couple hours of trying on tops that fit, but looked horrible because I was spilling out of my newest bra I went to the Jockey outlet.  I had seen their new styles and read a little about the new Volumetric measuring system - I also remembered that they were wickedly expensive.  Since I had a pretty good coupon, I decided I'd splurge (and for me $60 for one bra is a pretty major splurge) and get professionally fitted and try one.  Even though I was extremely self-conscious during the fitting process the associate was able to fit me into a model that probably lifted me up a good 4-5", has no underwire to dig into me, no falling straps, and I'm not spilling out over the top or the bottom.  It felt pretty good on, but until I put the top of my dress back up I really wasn't able to see a big difference.  When I put it on - the difference was amazing.  Smooth lines and no sagging, and there is enough lining to it that you don't wind up with your nipples showing.   I wound up wearing it out of the store, and buying a second one.   I'm still about 25 pounds or so from goal, so I imagine I'll have to go through the process again eventually, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's bra just isn't cutting it.   The brochure they put in the bag referes to it as "life changing".  While I don't think any undergarment is going to live up to that claim, I do think it's  a good investment in yourself.   I haven't been taking my measurements, so I was shocked to find that my band size had gone from 44 to 34.  That in itself was a bit of a surprise.

Member Services
on 9/16/13 4:13 am - Irvine, CA

Thanks for sharing your experience and hopefully it will help other members do the same to get the best look they can....

Mommiecat
on 9/28/13 3:11 pm

Thanks for sharing a good find! We have a jockey outlet close. :)

Laura in Texas
on 9/28/13 11:47 pm

Good for you!! I think the right undergarments are essential for all of us. We look sooooooo much better when everything is in it's proper place.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active