Therapy

bdaycakegirl
on 9/20/13 4:07 am

If you can afford it or have insurance coverage, go for it!

I started seeing a therapist a month or so ago for grief issues. She also happens to specialize in eating disorders.

It is amazing. Having a full hour to just talk about what  is going on with me is so awesome. The perspective she gives is great, and she gives me more tools for dealing with stress and anxiety that I know I will benefit from once food can no longer help.

I think everyone should have therapy, even if they don't "need" it. :D

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Member Services
on 9/20/13 4:50 am - Irvine, CA

We are so glad things are working out for you and  you are in a good place  

MsBatt
on 9/20/13 8:49 am

Oh, I agree---and I think that everyone does need it, at some point in their life. Some more than others. (*grin*)

averybyrd
on 9/21/13 1:21 am

I've been before for other things, and I loved it! I keep thinking about going back, but I have no idea what I'd say for an hour!

bdaycakegirl
on 9/22/13 5:39 am

Oh, you'll think of something!

zzobe
on 9/21/13 1:36 pm

I'm just starting this journey. I'm in the first month of the 6 months before surgery. I see the nutritionist for the 2nd time in a week. I see the psychologist for the first time in a week or so. I've had counseling before, so I do know what to expect. I'm really excited about finally being able to talk with someone who is an expert on emotional eating.

bdaycakegirl
on 9/22/13 5:40 am

They psychologist is there to evaluate you, so it might not be what your are thinking. My psych eval was NOT FUN nor anything like going to my therapist.

Most Active