Am I eating too much?

Roo33
on 10/1/13 5:20 am - OH

So yesterday I started pureed and I feel like Ive done nothing but eat!! This makes me nervous that Im falling back into old habits!! I was told to eat 6 times a day and I am eating very little when I do eat but it still feels like a lot!! Anyone know of a recommended calorie intake for 3 weeks post op? I feel like if i was counting calories I might feel safer. Im also going through the 3 week stall and that might have to do with my insecurities. 

Heres what I ate so far.... Breakfast- carnation instant sugar free drink 8 am 

snack-hard boiled egg smashed up with pepper

lunch- yougurt lite

snack- sugar free jello

and Im stil posed to have dinner, another snack, and all the water im drinking all day! It just feels like im constantly putting somthing in my mouth!! Am i eating to much or since im still off work and at home w out the kids, just overthinking it? Any thought or suggestions would be nive and thanks in advance :)

Hislady
on 10/1/13 6:15 am - Vancouver, WA

It sounds like you are doing fine, remember you are or should be eating only a few bites. It will feel like you are eating all day for awhile but it will work out in time and start to feel normal. Eating 6x a day will help keep your blood sugars level and help avoid cravings. Hang in there it will get better.

Keith L.
on 10/1/13 6:16 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Don't worry about things like that until you get to full foods and you can get yourself into a good routine. Liquids and softs are hard to say. It doesn't look to me like you are eating too much, but I would shy away from the jello and try to stick with something like the yogurt and protein that has actual nutritional value. Soups are really good at this point as they have more nutritional value while you are healing.

To answer your other question, ideally you would be somewhere between 600 and 800 calories, less than 40g of carb, 80+g of protein, 25ish g of healthy fats, and 80-100 oz of water per day. That would be tough during purees/softs.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active