2 Month Surgiversary

princesswimmer24
on 10/5/13 6:48 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Today is my 2 month surgiversary. I haven't posted too much recently, but I have been reading. I am still having intestinal issues and my surgeon decided he has done all that he can do and he referred me to a Gastro Dr. Unfortunately they cannot see me until Nov 20th. I was very unhappy yesterday when I got that phone call. I haven't been able to leave the house very often. I have stopped throwing up though. And my fluid intake is MUCH better. I meet my fluid goals 90% of the time now. I can tolerate all foods. My energy level is increasing. I started riding the recumbent bike last week. I have officially lost 44lbs, which is including the 8lbs I lost during the preop diet. I was a little bummed about the 12lb weight loss apparently I had higher expectations, but I am not unhappy or feel that I did anything wrong. We did our measurements today and was excited that I lost 13.5 inches last month. I currently have a kidney stone and have been retaining a lot of water on/off the past week. I have had a lot of complications that my husband didn't have, but I would still have the surgery again and I don't regret anything. I realize that it could be much worse and I know that eventually they will figure out what is going on and fix the issue. We will take pictures this evening and hopefully I will add a before/after pic to my profile. I am very thankful for this site and all the people here. There is no way I would've gotten through all of this without all of you. Your inspiring stories help motivate me. Keith's recipes and exercise posts got me moving my butt last week and cooking healthy food in the kitchen as well!!

Member Services
on 10/5/13 10:29 am - Irvine, CA

We are sorry to hear you are struggling with your recover.  Congratulations on your attitude, you will get through this.  Please keep posting, we will be anxious to hear how you are doing.  Best wishes.  

Mimisocks
on 10/6/13 8:26 am - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

Keep hanging in there!  You are getting stronger each day out from surgery and the GI issue will hopefully have a positive resolution.

All the best!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Sandra150
on 10/6/13 12:16 pm

I am a day shy of 8 weeks out.  Visited with my surgeon last Friday.  I am able to come off my blood pressure meds so I'm very happy about that - but I just recently felt better.  I have had terrible reflux and constant diarrhea.  I had very little energy even though I worked out at least 3 days a week, and boy that hour in the gym exhausted me.  But now I've noticed that since I've been eating smaller meals it makes me feel a whole lot better.  Now I eat 6 times a day rather than 3 or 4.  And one meal I call my thicker food to help with my diarrhea.  I usually have 1/2 cup of oatmeal or mashed potato.  I hope you feel better soon and I too don't post much but read everyone's posts that keeps me motivated.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/13 1:14 pm, edited 10/6/13 1:14 pm - guizhou, XX

TRX Suspension Training harnesses cheap trx your own bodyweight to create resistance as you train. That’s all you need – the TRX and your own body. No additional weights required.
Your own bodyweight to create resistance as you train. That’s trx suspension training all you need – the TRX and your own body. No additional weights required.

Most Active