help with diet ideas.

JackJo
on 10/15/13 12:20 am
RNY on 10/24/13

My surgery date is next week. I'm trying to prepare by having all of my protein powders and waters ready for when I get home. Can anyone give me a rundown of what you ate/drank (mostly drank, I know) the first couple weeks? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

JackJo
on 10/15/13 12:26 am
RNY on 10/24/13

I should have mentioned that if you can provide me with ideas of products that you like. I'm not fond of the yucky taste protein shakes can leave. I'm looking a Isopure and other products but as they are expensive, I'd like your input before I buy them. Thanks.

saterry
on 10/15/13 1:03 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

LOVE Injury chicken soup. 20gms and no after taste. Ordered omline.

I drink crystal light during the day, jello, popcycles SF, cream of wheat, cottage cheese , cream soups and Whey Chocolate powder from Walmart

I am 12 days out and on full liquids.

Just be patient with yourself and keep hydrated......good luck !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

swtmelissa
on 10/15/13 4:47 am - West Allis, WI

Hello!
During the first few weeks - once I was on soft foods, low fat cottage cheese with a little marinara curbed my pasta cravings, and sugar free jello is a life saver!  

TurnThePage
on 10/15/13 10:54 am

Get samples of the protein powders to try before you buy the tubs! Unjury.com  has a sample pack. You can order 10 packs of various Synergy flavors for $21 at BJ's Bariatrics and Nashua Nutrition. Bariatric Advantage also offers free samples of their products; call the 800 number. Some stores like Vitamin Shoppe also have samples you can buy. Be sure to look for whey protein isolate, the best kind.  I have Unjury's Chocolate Splendor every day.

It's easy to get tired of the sweet flavored shakes so a savory flavor and something warm like Unjury's chicken soup protein mix is a good change. 

Crystal Lite drink mixes are popular. If a flavor is too sweet, add more water.

I think protein drinks are best served icy cold. 

Best wishes for your journey!

Most Active