Of all things!! Full blown blisters around all incisions. Aaaahhhhh

Catie780
on 10/17/13 11:47 am
Need advice. The clear square adhesives that covered the steri strips have done a job only skin!! I have long filled blisters framing the sites. Any ideas on how to treat. Some have burst.

Crazy how I got through the surgery n funny that the blisters are my worry.
Member Services
on 10/17/13 11:49 am - Irvine, CA

Sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to the material the steri strips are made of.  Call your surgeon's office for some alternatives.  Good luck and keep us posted  

angeleigh
on 10/17/13 7:26 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Yes please call your doctor. I had a reaction to mine and they had to take it all off and use a different kind of skin glue. Also you can take an allergy med, just do the liquid.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Vivian Prouty
on 10/17/13 10:55 pm - Fort Worth, TX

YES...I have that problem also.   They have to use paper tape on me or blisters come up almost immediately.    I'd get triple antibiotic cream and put it on the blisters but check with your doctor before you do anything.    I'm sorry that this happened to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/17/13 11:18 pm - Burleson, TX

CATIE..first off, my "credentials"..lol..been a nurse 35+ yrs and a mama 24+ yrs..

I'm STILL not going to tell you how to clean/treat an open wound, over the internet/without a pic/etc..

PROBABLY/most likely a simple allergy...I have WAY more scars from adhesive tape, than I have from any surgeries (some staff are slow learners/listeners)...

Please call your doc's office NOW..no problem/concern is too small. In this "tech" age, ask if you can message/email them a pic of your wounds, if they don't have an opening for you to come into the office. The weekend is coming-don't let this turn into a weekend ER visit..

Yea..you might feel silly later..but maybe not !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active