losing with no exercise?

triciaanderson17
on 10/15/13 11:30 am - WA

I was working out 4 times a week and was at a stall. After a back injury and skipping the gym for 2 weeks i am done 4 lbs! I guess i was not eating enough with all the cardio I was putting in. I am 3 weeks shy of one year out and down 90 lbs.

Member Services
on 10/15/13 12:14 pm - Irvine, CA

Sometimes a change in routine can "shock" your body out of a stall too.  What ever works!!!

jennlg
on 10/15/13 1:35 pm - Nashville, TN
I'm 9 months post op and I don't exercise, I'm 3 pounds from goal.

shoutjoy
on 10/16/13 1:53 am - Culpeper, VA

I hope you decide to exercise.  Everyone needs it.  All ages, sex, occupations, life styles need exercise.  It's good for both mental and physical health.  No one has ever proved that exercise is worthless.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

shoutjoy
on 10/15/13 7:45 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

It's possible you were not eating enough.  The body needs food for energy.  Yes, sometimes giving your body a rest can help in many ways.  Don't give up on working out but vary your workouts to include strength training too.  Building muscle will also increase your metabolism as well as strengthen your core.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/15/13 11:34 pm - Burleson, TX

PAULA--YES! YES! YES! What YOU said !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/15/13 11:43 pm - Burleson, TX

TRICIA..I agree...sometimes we just have to "shake things things up"...I do hope your back injury is completely healed before you go back to exercises that may re-injure that area (sorry-force of habit-nurse/mama here)...

JUST IN CASE somebody reads your post and thinks "Cool beans! I don't have to exercise and I'll STILL lose weight"...

Well....yea..people DO...bbbbbuuutttt...it is so much easier (and healthier, I dare say), to MOVE YOUR BODY..to the best of your individual physical limitations (my, do I sound PC, this morning, or what??)...OR...I guarantee you, my peeps, REGAIN is apt to happen so much more EASILY...and isn't that one of your major FEARS???

Just sharing some "BTDT" experience, from a 11+ yr postie...make "moving" as much a part of your daily life as air and water

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

MyLady Heidi
on 10/16/13 11:41 am

My personal opinion is if you don't plan to keep up the exercise you will end up regaining if you stop.  I do not exercise besides occasional walks and am ten lbs below my goal because I keep my calories low, around 1000 during the week and a few more on weekends.  Exercise is good for you but if you opt to not do it you need to eat accordinlgly. 

Most Active