It's My Time!!

osubuxfan
on 10/27/13 12:04 pm - Rome, GA

Surgery tomorrow!! I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning with surgery at about 8:30.  I'm a lot more calm that I expected and I'm taking a full Lexapro tonight instead of a half - that should do it keep me grounded until they start drugging me in preop!! 

I've never had surgery so this is going to be an adventure and in the spirit of keeping a positive attitude, I went out and bought an elliptical today because I fully intend to survive this surgery and ride that pony!!

I wanted to thank everyone here that participates, vets & newbies alike, sharing your stories, tips, tricks, advice and general support; I've spent 5 months doing some hard-core lurking and I believe you all have prepared me well!! 

Keep my spot warm on the bench (I hate a cold seat)!!

chaly
on 10/27/13 12:38 pm
RNY on 11/05/13

Good luck and here's to a speedy recovery.

chefhelene
on 10/28/13 5:06 am

My gastric sleeve procedure is 2 weeks from today and I am just starting to get very anxious. I have NO appetite. I am going to a support group offered by Hope bariatrics in Pgh tonight (been there twice before) but it is really different now that I have my date.

Any words of wisdom from anyone?

Member Services
on 10/27/13 12:56 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and we will be waiting for you next update!angry

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/13 3:57 pm - NV
VSG on 11/04/13

Congrats and much luck!! Hold on to those reins!  No doubt it will be an amazing a ride!! 

KarenElaine
on 10/27/13 8:25 pm - Manteo, NC

I'm so excited for you!  Have a speedy recovery and we'll see you on the flip side!

KJames72
on 10/27/13 9:55 pm

Well I just want to say, your going to do so great with the surgery. I will be looking forward to you letting us know how it was and how you feel now that you have had the surgery. Best wishes.......

RNY on 10/21/13

Good luck tomorrow!!! You're going to do great... just remember to breathe and know you're in good hands. 

Definitely tell them to give you something for anxiety before they get started! This was my third surgery with the first being in 2009, so well into adulthood. I was more nervous about the unknowns - what do they do to prep you, how do they wake you up, etc. I just asked a ton of questions and tried to think positive. With this surgery, I didn't have any down time at all...the show was on as soon as I checked in, so no time to sit and worry; I hope the same goes for you tomorrow. 

Great idea with the lexapro, I did the same with Xanax the day and night before, just be sure to tell them what you took. 

Wishing you all the best and scooting over for ya. Keep us updated when you can. 

LAP RNY 10.21.13  Pounds lost by month: 1: 34 2: 25 3: 16 4: 12 5: 7 6: 18 7: 10 8: 8 9:15 10:10 11: 10  12:  Total so far: 190! pounds

Most Active