Strenous exercise post op

lobr84
on 12/23/13 1:59 pm

I am starting to look into having a surgery and I have my orientation in a week and to then schedule an appointment with the surgeon but in the meantime I am wondering what happen with strenuous exercise after the Dr. clears for regular exercises. I do crossfit which is very strenuous and they strongly advocates for Paleo Diet, and in order to be able to handle that kind of training we need a diet with lots of protein, but if we can barely eat after surgery because the just cant handle a lot of food then would we be able to handle strenuous exercises on such limited diet? Is the amount of food we will be eating be enough not to make us lightheaded and feeling fatigue?Anymore have any experience with that?

Member Services
on 12/24/13 12:23 am - Irvine, CA

Hello and congratulations on taking control of your life and your upcoming surgery.  Listen to your body and your surgeon. They both will be your guide to how much you can do and what. For more input on this subject try posting on the Exercise and Fitness Forum

Happy Holidays,

Member Services

mkvand
on 12/24/13 6:42 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

You will not be cleared for strenuous exercise for six to eight weeks after surgery.  The paleo diet is fine for after surgery, it actually ties in well with post op eating recommendations, but you will need to supplement with protein shakes, and you may need one a bit of carbs before your workouts.  Most people try to limit carbs as much as possible, but most people also aren't doing any strenuous activity.

Most Active