Nervous

Curvyfuncrazy
on 12/28/13 4:16 am - Wilmington, DE

I am so glad to hear  I am not the only one.  I have been in the process for over 10 months and now I am freaking out.  Surgery is 1/14/2014.  I start Optifast on Jan 1.  I suddenly am having fears about death, what if I never feel good again? what if I have complications?  I had the lap band and had to have it removed because it eroded in my stomach. I had great success with the  band losing over 85 lbs.  The removal of the band was painful, and I had a number of issues. It took 6 months to feel normal again.  So I guess it is not unusual to have fears about another surgery.  I went into the lap band feeling so excited and so energized.  I am afraid with the bypass I am going in scared and apprehensive.  I welcome any thoughts advice as well.  Maybe nervous, you and i can bolster each other up!

guymo4
on 12/29/13 10:11 am
RNY on 01/08/14

So sorry to hear you had issues with the lap band.It sounds like it was really painful!

My aunt had the rouen y and 12 years later she has kept the weight off and looks amazing! I keep thinking of her and using her as an inspiration. She is the most physically fit 67yr old I know. She doesn't look a day over 50. I'm hopeful I will have the same results.She was back to work within the week.... I just need to stop psyching myself out about the actual operation. I'm really nervous and anxious. I am 100% onboard for bolstering each other up! We are going to have a great experience!!!!!!!!! Mind over matter,..in my case its mind over BMI! :-)

Anneg_11414
on 12/29/13 7:55 am - Buchanan, MI
Wow this is so ironic that I have so mu*****ommon with so many people on here. I am also nervous Guy and I am scheduled for a VSG on 1/14/14. Funny part is my birthday is also 11/20. Small world huh. I am starting my pre-op diet in two days and i'm getting nervous also. Just the fact of being limited to eating for two weeks while my brain and stomach are still the same size scares me a lot. However, two weeks is nothing and in 16 days, my new life will begin. Much luck to you on your journey and I hope to follow your journey. Anne

guymo4
on 12/29/13 10:14 am
RNY on 01/08/14

I was so grateful to find this site... Its so nice to find other people *****ally understand and have the same struggles. (As well as have so many things in common like birthdays and surgeries!) Looking forward to sharing the journey and hearing about yours.

Anneg_11414
on 12/29/13 11:15 am - Buchanan, MI
Me too guy me too!

nuleaseonlife
on 1/1/14 8:49 am

I understand I too am going through the same....date for me Jan 7 2014.... I will pray for us.... do stop in the middle of the street keep crossing..... Congrats....Happy New Year.... Jan 7 2014 for me will be my second birthday..... think positive you will be fine.... again Good luck

Most Active