Spouses having surgery together support?

Coacheswife23
on 1/7/14 11:56 pm

My husband and I have been approved for surgery and have them scheduled a week apart. His being scheduled on January 20 and mine on the following Monday, January 27. Has anyone else been through WLS together with their spouse and if so, what are some of the pros/cons?  

Member Services
on 1/8/14 2:03 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Coacheswife23,

Wow, nothing like having a life time WLS buddy to go through the journey with you!  Wonderful!  We are excited for you both!! Congratulations.  Here are some links to information you may find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

We can't wait to hear from you post-op!

Regards,

Member Services

Coacheswife23
on 1/8/14 2:50 am

Thank you for the words of encouragement!  We are both very nervous but are so ready to begin our new, much healthier lives!

Hitinropes
on 1/8/14 3:26 am

I am Coacheswife23's husband. The pre-op diet is going ok, but I have a head ache that will not go away.

Is there anything to make it better.

I am glad that her and I are doing it together so that we can help each other. We also have friends in this community that will be there for help also. I never realized how big and gracious this community was. This has been a great site to come to and get answers.

Thank you

uglymouse
on 1/8/14 5:43 am - newnan, GA

My husband and I did it together. Mine was November 26, his was December 18.  

I have had some complications, but he has done great. Mine was a combination of things, I got sick, and then I couldn't eat, and I had a kink in my sleeve that we didn't know was there. 

He had bypass, I had the sleeve. 

Hotelier
on 1/8/14 7:41 am

My husband and I had surgery last year. Mine was on November 7th and his was December 20th. This was the best decision of our lives! Being together on this journey has been amazing and has made it so much easier with meals and goals. He was at 400 pounds and I was at 279. He has lost 150 pounds and I have lost 100 pounds. I think with this issue I was a little jealous that he lost more so quickly but he also had more to lose. When people see us they comment on both weight loss but more on him as it has been a complete transformation for him. That to me was the con but now understand. You have to learn to go at your own pace and to be supportive. I promise the weight will come off!To shop in a normal store is amazing and it is great for me not to be in plus sizes anymore! We donated our clothes and it was a total of 34 bags of clothes! We will never regret any of this as we are healthy and are making the choices together this year and going forward. You have a support system right beside you and you can celebrate your wins! It is an exciting journey and in the end you look great and feel great!! Good luck and keep us all posted on how you !

Lori

Lori

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/14 10:10 am

My mom had surgery 2years ago, thanks to PlacidWay who helps us find best obesity surgery center. She was 320pounds and now she is 180pounds. She combine yoga and with the help of diet. All we need is to have an inspiration to our family, dedication and motivation. Goodluck and don't get nervous on your surgery.

Most Active