back to work?

MrsD68
on 3/3/14 12:33 am

I am going for my consult this Thursday for my RNY, I am wondering how long to take from work. I am a nurse, I work a busy TCU. I have the time, but dont really think I need to take the full 6 weeks. A few nurse I work with have done this, and they returned 2 weeks, and 6 weeks.. so not alot of help there. Just wondering if anyone has an idea..

Steve S.
on 3/3/14 5:52 am - Hometown, IL
RNY on 03/17/14

It really all depends on you, how you feel and what type of work you do.  I have my surgery set for the 17th and I am planning on taking 1 week off.  I have an office job though, so I will be sitting all day. My docs suggested taking at least 2 weeks off for all the follow up appts etc.  Goof luck !!

dragonlove
on 3/3/14 5:57 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I have a desk job so I only took 10 days off. However, my bosses were aware that if I felt miserable, I would take an additional week off.  I was very sore sitting down and actually felt better standing because several of my incisions are in my waistline - however, most of my coworkers didn't notice a thing.  Remember you will probably not be able to lift much at all at the beginning - you want to follow the Dr instructions.  I would think that your needed time off would depend on what your duties normally are.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

kerogers
on 3/3/14 10:31 am

I'm a nurse too. I work on a pads floor on weekends. My doc said 2 weeks and then I could go back but no lifting over 15 pounds for 6 weeks. I have surgery in one week.

AliciaG_RN
on 3/3/14 10:31 am
RNY on 02/12/14

I am also a nurse in a busy maternity unit.  It is our hospital policy that we cant get cleared to return until we can go full tilt. That for me means I will be out about 6 or so weeks per sugeon.  I am just shy of three weeks out and cant remotely imagine being back at work yet!  Rest and listen to your body

Valerie G.
on 3/7/14 10:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It really varies by person.  It took me a good 5-6 weeks to shake of that anesthesia listlessness.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active