Post Op Bleeding???

theamazingtif
on 3/4/14 1:11 pm - Rockwall, TX

Is light bleeding from the incisions normal??  My surgery was a week ago. It still hurts a ton and tonight I noticed a small amount of blood from one of the smaller incisions. I had been laughing earlier and it hurt. Could that do it?  Is it anything to worry about?  I don't want to call the surgeon for every little thing. 

DeDication
on 3/4/14 2:35 pm

I just got RNY yesterday and upon discharge I was advised little bleeding is normal however they didn't mention that being normal a week post op. I would suggest you call the surgeon, you can never be to safe! Best of luck and congrats on your surgery! 

Quick question, what kind of drinks have you tried? Water, g2, crystal light? Any bad responses to those or whichever you've tried? 

theamazingtif
on 3/4/14 3:01 pm - Rockwall, TX

Thank you!  I'm gonna see how it looks in the morning and go from there. I was laughing early so I might have torn it a bit. 

My first week all I wanted was water and Popsicles. I had all the drinks ready to go but nothing interested me. I tried the Isopure. Didn't care for it that day. Tried iced tea w/sweetener. Didn't want that either. I finally decided my body just wanted water and that's fine.  

I'm ok for full liquids now. So far, nothing has really given me a bad response. I've tried milk, protein shakes, soups, smoothies, etc. If I gulp water too fast, I get a little gas pain in my throat but that's it.  I've been very lucky. 

DeDication
on 3/4/14 9:34 pm

Of course! Thank you for sharing your information! 

Most Active