biliary sludge buile up and no gall bladder

ChrisDan
on 3/8/14 3:39 pm

I had the duodenal-switch 6 years ago.  It was a success.  However, my AST & ALT levels are now in the 300's .  I have developed pain under my right breast.  It feels like I am having a gallbladder attack except I do not have a gallbladder.  Apparently  I have developed biliary sludge and the doctor wants to do surgery.  This is going to be major surgery.  Apparently he needs to get to the sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction.  This is located near the bile duct and pancreatic duct in the duodenum.  The dr. will have to cut into the intestines to get the bile duct.   Without the surgery I am looking at developing liver disease in possibly 5 years.  Has anyone else had this complication?  If so what did you do? The doctor has put me on medicine to break up the bile but it has not been successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Member Services
on 3/9/14 1:12 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Chris,

We are so sorry to hear all you are going through. If you have not done so please post this on our Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Regards,

Member Services

Most Active