Surgery Mar 11th

SusieOl
on 3/8/14 5:27 pm

I have my surgery scheduled for March 11th. Im have Roux N Y. I am on a two weeks protein shake diet. Im allowed sugar feee popsiles, or broth. Im so hungry. I just have to get threw two more days. Im excited for the opportunity this surgery will bring me

sleevelessinNY
on 3/10/14 3:01 pm

Good luck. I am having my surgery on 11th as well. Less than 24 hours away!!! YAY:)

SusieOl
on 5/4/14 12:11 pm

How did your surgery go?

MrBizMAn
on 3/10/14 5:42 pm - ND

Good luck to both of you. The rest of your life starts now. You won't regret it. I sure don't.

Follow me at gastricguy.com and be sure to like the Facebook page also. If you have any friends that are thinking about having surgery send them to my blog. 

SusieOl
on 4/22/14 3:35 pm

Well the surgery didnt go as expected. Day after surgery I started losing blood. I lost 7 pints of blood in 1 day and needed a transfusion. I had a 2nd surgery Friday the 14th to find the source of the bleed. They opened me up and found a small amount of blood and bile in my stomach, but nothing significant. Saturday I started losing blood again..this time 2 pints. So more transfusion. Sunday I had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy done. Endo was fine, colonoscopy was incomplete due to too much blood in rectum. Monday I stopped bleeding and was released . Saturday after I was released I became very lethargic and weak. I could barely walk. I went to my GP Monday and he was going to send me for an iron infusion on Tuesday to help my weakness. I went to a hemotologist on Tuesday and I had a temp of 102.7 and was dry heaving. He called 911. By the time I got to the hospital my temp was 103.1. They did a chest xray and CT scan. They also tested me for something called C-Diff. They found I had a leak in my stomach and transferred me back to the hospital I had the surgery. While in the ambulance being transferred the ambulance broke down in the middle of i-95 in the travel portion of the fast lane. They had to transfer me from one ambulance to another in the middle of I-95. I was scared to death someone would hit us. I got to the hospital and the Dr said they would look at the film of the CT scan. They came back a couple hours later and said we dont think there is a leak. Then about 12 hrs later they said there was a leak and I would be having surgery the next day. The put a stomach drain in, which I still have, and another type of drain which stayed in for about a week. They did another barium study to check for a leak and found I have a fistula. Dr. said T was not strong enough for another surgery yet so they are going to leave it alone and hope it heals on its own. Monday after surgery they put in a picc line to allow me to have a TPN for nutrition. They told me I would have to have the TPN at home and a nurse would come to my home 3x a week at a cost of $520 to me a week. I told them I couldnt afford that. They said plan B was to put me in a nursing home for 6-8 weeks. I told them I cant afford that either. Plan C was to insert a feeding tube in my belly at a cost of $200-300 a week. I cant afford that either. They said they would allow me to try and eat the RNY liquid diet and see how I tolerate it. I did it and was fine. I was released April 4th. I go back to Dr tomorrow for a follow up.

Most Active