Doctor's Appointment Tomorrow

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/12/14 4:04 am, edited 3/12/14 6:57 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

I got an unexpected call yesterday to confirm a scheduled doctor's appointment that I had completely forgotten about. I believe it's for labs, but I can't remember.  Either way, I think this will be a good time to have a frank discussion about WLS. I'm terrified.  I honestly thought I had more time to think about it but I'm going to take this as a sign. I've been praying every night about this decision and well, maybe I'll have my answer tomorrow. I'll keep ya'll updated to what he says.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/12/14 6:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're nervous, write a note to yourself! I tend to write down the things I need to ask my doctor (and they say it's super helpful to them anyway), so why not put down things so you don't forget or feel too awkward? You can put down your reasons why you're considering it, and a reminder to ask your doc for his/her opinion based on your reasons.

It's OK to be scared, this is a big decision! And right now, it sounds like you're just researching and getting information. At any time, you can say "I think I'd like to wait and do some more thinking," or even "this is not the right option for me" and there's nothing wrong with that. Your body, your decision! But there's nothing wrong with getting a professional opinion when you get the chance. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/12/14 6:59 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Thank you! Writing a letter will be really helpful, I think. 

Most Active