Flying with leg and feet swelling

kiwi C.
on 3/13/14 2:51 am

Did anyone fly home (2 hour flight+ 3 hour flight) with swollen feet and legs (also a little bit in hands)? I had a LBL and AL, all is good other than the silly swelling. I will be checking with my doc later today about this but would love to hear your experience.

Thank you!! 

Sheanie
on 3/13/14 4:42 am

Whenever I fly my hands and feet swell.  What I've done is eat asparagus before flying.  Usually the tips of just 6 spears will do the trick.  It's a natural diuretic and makes you pee like crazy.  No need for water pills, just freshly steamed (al dente) asparagus in butter.

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

QoftheU
on 3/13/14 5:25 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I wear tight support knee highs and move around the plane a LOT (I don't care what the attendants or the other passengers think - I'll never see any of these people again!).  Moving and support seems to do the trick.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

kiwi C.
on 3/14/14 5:38 am

Thank you ladies! I went out and bought a bunch of asparagus yesterday, haven't had the courage to eat it cuz I don't normally like the taste of it. :)

I talked to my Dr. and he just told me to walk around every hour and half, just once to the bathroom is good. I am so glad I am flying home tomorrow.......SO HAPPY!

Thanks again!

Most Active