What was your go to soft food???

theamazingtif
on 3/15/14 7:57 am - Rockwall, TX

I'm about 3 weeks out and 19lbs down so I'm doing good there. BUT I'm not getting in nearly enough protein, vitamins, etc. I'm having a lot of issues with painful gas even when I'm chewing vitamins or drinking water. I've thrown up twice but I think those were my fault. What foods worked best for you doing the soft foods phase?  I'm finding I'd rather not eat than deal with the pains. There's gotta be a better way to deal with this. 

kathkeb
on 3/15/14 9:11 am

For hot food, it was Baked Ricotta and for cold it was low-curd cottage cheese either with applesauce or picante if I wanted it savory.

Kath

theamazingtif
on 3/15/14 10:03 am - Rockwall, TX

Thank you. I picked up some Mylanta at the store. I'm hoping that helps a little. 

marymo362
on 3/15/14 11:10 am
RNY on 03/18/14

Your post and question is timely...thanks! I will continue to watch for ideas. I hope your gas pains dissipate. Take care

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

theamazingtif
on 3/15/14 11:20 am - Rockwall, TX

I've read a few posts where ppl have recommended sipping warm liquids. I'm trying green tea as we speak. I know this is all temporary. Just hard to remember that sometimes. 

marymo362
on 3/15/14 11:33 am
RNY on 03/18/14

excellent! I will remember this next week as I am trying to get rid of mine! 

Thanks for the information!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Eggface
on 3/15/14 11:42 am - Sunny Southern, CA

It takes time to get to those Dr. recommended levels consistently. Every day aim for better than the day before, you'll get there. Here's a few early foods that worked for me: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

Walking helps the gas pains but you might experiment with milks too. Liquid cow's milk and I were not post op friends so protein shakes for awhile gave me issues. I switched to soy or a soy/water combo and that did the trick for me.

Hope you find some protein sources that work out :)

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

theamazingtif
on 3/15/14 12:03 pm - Rockwall, TX

Shelly, you have nooooo idea how much you've helped me get through these first few weeks!!!  Thank you doesn't seem like enough but thank you!   Thankfully fat free milk sits well with me.  I either love or hate my shakes depending on the day.  Meats chopped up in gravy go down fine but some softer stuff not so much.  I read stories about ppl eating Wendy's chili in their first week and I just dont know how they did it.  

Btw, the green tea does feel like it calmed everything down.  Hooray!

theamazingtif
on 3/15/14 1:38 pm - Rockwall, TX

Ok, it seems sooooo random what works and what doesn't. Earlier I tried to eat the soft inside of a tiny potato and I tossed my cookies. Tonight, I tried a couple of bite size salmon cakes and those were just fine. Go figure!!!

Eggface
on 3/16/14 5:16 am - Sunny Southern, CA

:) Thank you for the sweet comment. Made me smile.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active