Question!

cowgirlup
on 3/17/14 9:32 pm - HAVERHILL, MA

i am sad to ask this... but i had RNY in 2006...   lost 150lbs.   Got Pregnant.... had a healthy boy, Brett!    now it is 2014 and i have put weight back on.. about 60lbs!   ashamed i am..  alot has gone on in my life...  deaths, lay offs & family sicknesses....    my dr. left the hospital i used...   

My question....   can i go back in and my stomach tightened again, lol?    if there is such a thing!   

I wanted to come where everyone is helpful & truely is able to answer my question and get how i feel!  

Thank you all !!!

Mary Gee
on 3/17/14 10:43 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I haven't had my surgery yet, so I won't claim to be an expert or vet.

From what I've read here, I think most vets would say go back to basics and get your protein and water in - eat like you did when you were first on solid foods post-op.  Your RNY hasn't failed - it seems from what you've said you've been eating wrong due to life issues. You've got to get back on track with your eating.

Good luck.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

cowgirlup
on 3/18/14 9:58 pm - HAVERHILL, MA

thank you

jaifra78
on 3/17/14 11:14 pm
RNY on 04/16/14

there is something called a Stomaphyx where the pouch is re tightened due to stretching or other factors 

poet_kelly
on 3/18/14 12:48 am - OH

That does not tighten the pouch, just the stoma.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jaifra78
on 3/18/14 1:25 am
RNY on 04/16/14

no actually it tightens the stomach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAnlGITeNjg

MsBatt
on 3/18/14 3:37 am
On March 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM Pacific Time, jaifra78 wrote:

no actually it tightens the stomach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAnlGITeNjg

Don't believe everything you see on the web.

Stomaphyx doesn't seem to work long-term at all. I've seen too many people post here about how they lost 20 pounds almost immediately, then stopped, then regained that plus some.

jaifra78
on 3/18/14 10:34 pm
RNY on 04/16/14

actually I was told about it by a surgeon. I was just letting the op know about the procedure.

JJ0609
on 3/18/14 12:35 am

Congratulations on your son. More good news is you only have 60 lbs. to lose (if I understand).

I have some questions for you.

Did you see your bariatric at all during pregnancy or following birth? Do you have a new one? Have you researched and found one?

I would start there and let him/her scope you to check your pouch. He/she is the only one who can tell you if you are a candidate for another procedure. You might not need one. You might just need to be held accountable and be under someone's care while you are losing after giving birth.

These are just my ideas. I have no knowledge about this information. I hope it helps. Good luck.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

cowgirlup
on 3/18/14 9:57 pm - HAVERHILL, MA

great!  thank you so much... i will def talk to my dr.   have a great day

Most Active