Water & Hunger

nrsgmomof3
on 3/24/14 7:13 am
VSG on 02/07/14 with

Is it possible that drinking water makes you hungry or is my new sleeve irritated?  I know they say to increase your fluid intake to help combat hunger but it seems to be the opposite for me and it's frustrating!  I am just 6 weeks post op so I am still doing the Gas-X strips, frequently, and I take Zegrid twice a day but on the days that I increase my fluid intake, I'm miserable.  I do have trouble telling the difference between hunger and sleeve discomfort, as I didn't allow myself to get hungry very often in the past, hence the need for weight loss surgery.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/24/14 8:17 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

How much water are you drinking at a time?  Sips?  Cups?  It may be that you're taking in too much water at a time.  Maybe slow your roll and see if it helps.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

momjan
on 3/24/14 3:02 pm - Canada

Try a different temperature of water, whether warmer or colder.  And sips, not gulps,  maybe a straw.  Are you waiting to at least 30 minutes after a meal to drink, or is that not applicable to sleeve surgery?  Maybe you are drinking too soon and washing the dense protein in your stomach out too soon (that's what happens with roux n y surgery).....

Most Active