Making A Way!

MG_Warrior66
on 3/24/14 11:20 am, edited 3/25/14 6:19 am - Holland, MI

Hello Everyone, I am a twenty five year old, single mother of two boys, whose been living with a under-diagnosed disease called Myasthenia Gravis for the last ten years. Everything seemed to go wrong months before and long after going into respiratory distress and finally being diagnosed at fifteen. I actually felt my life was over dealing with such a crippling illness that weakens the voluntary muscle groups within the human body. Affected more so in the weaken of my right & sometime the left (when I'm extremely down), legs, arms, and breathing it is very hard to maintain a normal life. With all the medication I am on due to this illness I have gained over 120 pounds since being diagnosed. Though it may have been more but before having children I was able to mange it more around only 240 pounds. Because ofMyasthenia Gravis I can not exercise as I'd like too and the weight keeps my weakness at an all time low. I mostly eat healthy food anyway and have already tried to loss weight on my own, however my body has other plans. For the longest I have been trying to go at this solo feeling like I'd be taking the easy way out by having weight loss surgery. Yet my sons currently give me reason to continue fighting in claiming my life back by just trying for weight loss surgery. At the highest weight I've ever been (286 and pushing near 300) I want to tackle this now before things get worst. I am hoping the weight loss can help me not only feel better about having to deal with Myasthenia Gravis, and some day go into remission, but also keep me here long enough to be a great mother to my sons. Because I can't work I am on SSI and medicaid (Mclauren Health Medicaid) I was wondering if anyone in or outside of Michigan can help me find a surgeon who'd be willing to work with my insurance. Any advice would help and I thank you in advance!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/25/14 5:27 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I just wanted to suggest you edit this and put it in a more readable font. I had a hard time reading this and I think a lot of people will not try reading it because it kind of hurt my eyes to read it. That may help you get more responses. Good luck with everything.

MG_Warrior66
on 3/25/14 6:15 am - Holland, MI

Thank You for that suggestion I will make note of it so it's easy for others to read.

MsBatt
on 3/25/14 6:10 am

Paragraphs are good. Much more readable.

Your Medicaid/social worker should be able to refer you to doctors who take your insurance.

MG_Warrior66
on 3/25/14 6:14 am - Holland, MI

Thank you I will try that.

Most Active