Malaysian Plane Mystery, does it make you eat?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/26/14 9:41 am

HUGS... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/26/14 9:58 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Right back atcha

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

ididabadbadthing
on 3/25/14 1:41 am - TN

Hi ****rogirl,

Not offended at all. No, not usually but the reason for me coming back here is to deal with some regain.  I am addressing my issues one by one and noticed watching this made me want to reach for carbs not protein.  ID'ing my stressers is one step and then taking action is the second.  I will watch for any updates  but other than that I don'****ch it all day long.  I was just throwing it out there to see if this happens to others and what they do to deal.

BTW, I relate to the one woman, I have one son, and he has been married for 3 years and just had their first baby. So when I see someone lose her only son, DIL and grand baby I relate 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/14 1:44 am

With all due respect, unless you lost them - sorry - you can't even imagine what is she going through... I don't wish you ever find out... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ididabadbadthing
on 3/26/14 11:57 am, edited 3/26/14 11:58 am - TN

Agreed, but I know what it's like to lose both sets of Grandparents, Mother, Father, all my Uncles, Aunts, Brother and a few cousins.  Working out helped more to deal with my losses than eating bad.  It took me 30 years to learn that lesson though.

Take care~

PetHairMagnet
on 3/24/14 11:52 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Not at all.

If bad news made me eat, I'd not have bothered getting surgery. Bad news is everywhere. I cannot personalize that which is not about me. While I am highly empathetic and my heart breaks for those with the loss of family and friends on this flight, it is not anything that is stressing me out.  

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

siberiancat
on 3/25/14 1:57 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

My eating due to emotions has never changed the outcome of something that has already happened or something not in my control.

Eating 2 oz of cheese (instead of chips, cookies, etc.) from "feelings" when it is not mealtime or planned snack time - is still emotional eating and it still adds calories (not a good habit)  - SO I could look for a NON FOOD activity to deal with your feelings.

I agree with a previous post - if something is stressing me, making me "feel" afraid, lonely, hungry, fill in the blank_________ feeling - I walk away, turn the channel, leave the room, leave the house, close the book or magazine, etc.  I often find something that will take my mind off the "feeling" - again not food related.  For me paint my nails, watch netflix, listen to a book or podcast, knit or some hobby, soak in the tub, go to bed, go for a walk, write in a journal, call a friend/counselor, etc.

Hope you find what works for you, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/26/14 8:55 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

This is very odd to me.

I am a compulsive emotional eater, but I can't imagine tha****ching anything on the news would make me want to eat/binge.  Life is difficult enough without internalizing every tragic event that happens in the world.  

I hope you find a way to deal with this.  Best of luck.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active