Malaysian Plane Mystery, does it make you eat?

Grim_Traveller
on 3/24/14 8:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ididabadbadthing
on 3/25/14 1:37 am - TN

Love it!

ididabadbadthing
on 3/25/14 1:36 am - TN

OMGosh Grim  

lonnierjones
on 3/24/14 12:55 pm

You can identify the stressers that make you eat, replace your reaction to stress with other stuff, or identify the things that stress you out, if that makes sense.

Diabetes Diet Journal Blog

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/24/14 1:17 pm - OH

Just curious... do events that don't touch you personally often cause you to want to eat?  I don't ask to be snarky; I ask because I have never heard someone say that before (and many of my counseling clients have weight issues), and t honestly would never have occurred to me that someone would be so affected by a missing plane that it would make them want to eat because of stress.  

You mentioned that you "could relate".  Is there something similar in your personal history?  I'm not asking for personal details, I just want to understand.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/24/14 11:15 pm

Long time ago I lost my Bother on commercial plane crush, so I understand your question. What was supper hard for me in weeks months and years folowing the tragedy is the media coverage, and comments, and peaple talking about the event.  So many time I wanted to scream at some of them "SHUT THE **** UP !!!!, unless you one of the family, you have no idea what are you talking about".  Most of the time though I would just leave the area, the room, bus, etc. In weeks following the crash I was unable to watch TV, listen to the radio.. Very often I had to leave a bus and walk home... 

Even now - so many years after that, hearing about any crash like that makes me very sad. At the same time I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow the family of the passengers and the crew are going through.  I felt so bad when authorities brought up an idea that pilots may have done something wrong.  I can't even imagine what their family were put through in the 2 weeks... 

At the end - there would speculations... But we will never know what really happened... 

BTW - I don't have a fear of flying on commercial or even supper small planes.  To deal with the tragedy in my own way - I learned to believe that I will be gone then my time is up.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jefferytmc
on 3/25/14 1:16 am

I have eaten in the past due to emotional stress.  I am only 5 weeks (today) post surgery, and have not really had any big emotional stuff.

But if you know that kind of thing triggers eating, then I would suggest you don'****ch the news.

And if it is something that you feel compelled to do, you might want to see a therapist, because as mentioned, it is not a common reaction to get worked up and emotional eat from a tragedy that is not directly involving you.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/14 1:43 am

Hu ????  I don't think you meant to post that to me... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ididabadbadthing
on 3/25/14 1:42 am - TN

I am so sorry for your loss H.a.l.a.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/26/14 8:57 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I can't comprehend how difficult this must have been for you and your family. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active