But I AM THIRSTY NOW!!!

ReginaPhelange
on 3/24/14 11:52 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Okay I feel better!   I really miss drinking with my meals!  Waiting 30 minutes is a killer sometimes!

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

jdsparkee
on 3/24/14 11:59 am
RNY on 01/28/14

Agreed!  I still catch myself grabbing a drink from my water bottle out of habit.  

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

jeterway
on 3/24/14 12:04 pm

Don't even have anything to drink near you when you eat.  That is the easiest way to break this habit.

momjan
on 3/24/14 2:58 pm - Canada

Yes; so does pretty well everyone else that has surgery!  But, you get used to it.  I sometimes don`t have a drink for over an hour after a meal now as I just forget!

MyLady Heidi
on 3/24/14 4:10 pm

Never did never will.  Eating dry food is foolish.  Nine years of success taking sips as needed with meals.  Another silly rule created to delude people into believing you could wash food through your body like the drain in your sink.  Think about it, the food is moistened and expands and you eat less.  I still can't eat more then a cup of dense food at one time and I weigh less then 130lbs and never feel any physical hunger.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/14 1:50 am

I guess you forgot to tell that you only eat one time a day and drink water with lemon during the rest of the day..... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tracy D.
on 3/26/14 12:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That's definitely not how it works for people who have had the gastric sleeve and still have their pyloric valve.   I admit it could work differently for RNYers...not my surgery so I don't know the details.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/24/14 10:16 pm, edited 3/25/14 1:50 am

For us who have RNY drinking with meals is very bad. I am 6 years out. The only time I really gain weight if I start drinking with meals.    Even at 6 years our I can only eat up to 6- 8 oz of food if I don't drink with my meal.  I can drink up to 5- 10min before I start eating... But drinking with meals only makes sense if I try to eat more... And gain weight...

If someone had VSG or DS... that is a different surgery that mine and for that person drinking with meals may make sense...

With RNY - you can water load before a meal (I drink up to 5-10 min before eating) eat dense foods - wait1 hrs and start drinking again.  

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

momjan
on 3/25/14 1:20 am - Canada

Regine`s status shows as RNY.... anyone having VSG....is it different `rules`re driniking for you?  Just curious.....

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/14 1:41 am

VSG may be different. VSG retains the pyloric valve and in most cases can keep the food until digested. RNY - it is a pouch with opening in the bottom

RNY: imagine a funnel - with close top but small opening at the bottom - adding liquids to that will make it more like slider foods - and can wash the content out.. allowing the person to eat more and more and more... Dense proteins makes us full because they stay in the pouch... 

Most Active