XP 18 MONTHS post op

Candy V.
on 3/26/14 12:57 am, edited 3/26/14 1:34 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Hi OH friends! Time for an update, I want to get a positive experience out there for you. I am a little over 18 months post op.

I was 42 at the time of my RNY surgery with sleep apnea, severe GERD, high Bp, high cholesterol and pre diabetes. My GERD and sleep apnea were being treated medically and the others just monitored as high on the borderline.  I now am free of all these health issues.  

I still have significant joint pain, which limits my exercise. For 6 mths or so I was medically unable to exercise after SI joint fusion then hysterectomy recovery. Later I tried running or jogging and it still HURTS. I admit, some of it is lazy, but I am working on increasing my exercise. I do Wii Zumba and beginners yoga a few times each weekly.

I am very happy with my Roux en Y Gastric bypass.  I lost for a year and am now maintaining a 120 pound loss for 6 months and counting. 

I am easy going with my program, I eat/drink my protein and everything else seems to work its self out. I eat often and small. I tend to repeat some foods; I have a Protein shake, Greek yogurt, soup/salad and turkey jerky almost daily. I post on the RNY menu thread if you are interested. If have a regain I will crack down harder on the carbs.

I have been through multiple surgeries in the last year and a half

September 12, 2012 RNY gastric bypass NO COMPLICATIONS J

June 12, 2013 - SI joint fusion (3 pins R side)

September 13, 2013  -   Plastic surgery (TT) and partial hysterectomy with A & P repair 

pending ..... Great toe and second toe deformity correction (hammer toe and bunion) 2014?

Best decision ever to have RNY. I wish I had done it 10 yrs ago, but it would not have been covered then as I had no co morbities YET.

Sorry this got so long……  ETA   size tight 20 to a size 4 pants, size 2x tops to a Small    YES A SMALL!! lol

Candy

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

sleevemama
on 3/26/14 5:54 am
VSG on 04/30/13

You look great! I wish you continued success in Maintenance!

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

dalaimama
on 3/26/14 8:30 am

Congrats! You've done really great and you look fantastic! :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/14 11:36 am

Woah, you look awesome! How did you that? Anyway, congratulations girl, you are such an inspiration to all of us

Most Active