The wait is killing me

DelilahJO
on 3/30/14 3:32 am

I have one last appt with the dr and dietitian before my surgery request is submitted to my ins. I am so beyond stressed about this. Everyone says "oh don't worry it will be approved and go fine" but I'm so anxious. I have read and reread my ins policy concerning wls and it seems I have completed everything required and meet all criteria. So I guess I just need to let it be. Just looking for some encourage I guess thanks for listening everyone :) 

MrsD68
on 3/30/14 4:09 am

I totally understand... I started in November last year.. JUST had the surgeon consult on March 6th, had completed my nutrionist sessions prior... Then the WAIT... I had signed up for "paperl;ess" from my clinic.. did not realize that would include the LETTER!! I had been stalking my mailbox, as the weeks ticked by. The other day, I was on the website, mine is HealthPartners.. and noticed I had a message.. it was my AUTHORIZATION!! YES! Unfortunately its the weekend.. but Monday I am calling the surgeons office. I seen the date on the letter was 3/19!!! I have been waiting a week longer than I needed to!! However, It is frustrating, I felt the SAME way. I double checked the insurance provider, and asked about the surgery coverage I was told they covered it, except any co-pays you have.. so, that being said.. I have to have the co-pay up front.. and then surgery is a go! It did not take the "up to 6 weeks" it could have.. and since I had all the pre-qaulifiers in.. it went smoothly.... I am so happy to finally have the letter!! GOOD LUCK!

DelilahJO
on 3/31/14 3:09 am

So happy for you! I truly hope my ins does a quick turn around on my approval! 

glady
on 3/30/14 4:10 am

Maybe start thinking of your new life and what you would like to do. You can't stop worrying so might as well obsess over the positive things. Also doing something mind numbing like Netflix marathon. That helped me lol

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

gabby169kitty
on 3/31/14 4:04 am

The dreadful what if's get me too! Even though I triple check things, the more important the thing is the worse the what if's are. I recently had my annual review for my rental assistance and even though I knew everything was going to be fine I didn't breath easy until I got the official renewal letter in the mail this past Saturday.

I have my initial consult this afternoon and even though I've already met all the requirements of my insurance I still have a big case of the what if's!!  I have to go through my surgeons program, which is far more extensive than my insurance requirements. I don't know if I'll ever be able to rest easy until I wake up from surgery.

Luckybug73
on 3/31/14 6:19 am

I was feeling the same way. I have my final appointment tomorrow afternoon then my request gets submitted to my insurance. I have learned to relax, be patient and just this all take its course. I am looking forward to the new life and all the changes. My boyfriend is also in the process and his insurance has a lot more appointments and classes, so he is a bit more anxious than me. Its be FUN, lol. Hope you find some peace in all this waiting... I can only assume that in the end it will be all worth it.

gabby169kitty
on 3/31/14 9:23 am

It's awesome your boyfriend is going through the process too. You'll be on this journey together! Nothing better than a support person who has been through the same thing.

Most Active