new here

shall0927
on 4/4/14 12:33 pm

I am new here and have questions. I am in Florida, I just became unemployed and got medicaid , I will be working again I hope very soon so I am in a hurry to get this done. I have my first visit w surgeon on the 16th,  any helpful advice to get this going quickly would be great! Is medicaid difficult to get approval? I have many health problems and can show medically necessary. How quick does it go and what is recovery time like for rny?

Thanks!

White Dove
on 4/4/14 1:24 pm - Warren, OH

I believe Medicaid varies by state and by plan.  You should have a membership card with a number on the back.  That is who to call and ask about whether it is covered.

Each surgeon has their own schedule.  I had to wait about six months after approval.  Some people are operated on a week after approval.

Most people are out of work for about two weeks after the surgery. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

pebtash
on 4/4/14 11:28 pm
VSG on 11/25/14

Hi I'm in Mass. and planning on moving to Florida. I have Medicare and I found that I have to do a 6 month medically supervised weight loss plan. From what I could find it has to be done by my PCP. When  I went to my doctor she said that the nutritionist at the WLS place should be able to do it and that she had other patients that had the surgery on Medicare and she didn't have to do much. She does have to wright a letter stating that I do need surgery though. I do have a name for the 6 month thing it is called Medical Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Obesity and the billing code is G0477 if that helps you at all. Good luck getting information from Medicare/Medicaid when  I called all I got was a couple of nit-wits that could find anything on WLS.

shall0927
on 4/5/14 12:07 am

I've been doing a supervised plan w my Dr. I'm hoping bit works!....

Most Active