Meal stages

shydevine
on 4/20/14 3:28 am

Today is exactly twelve weeks from my VSG.  So far I have lost 45 lbs.  I have been eating 400 to 600 calories per day for the last 5 weeks.  According to the paperwork from my doctor starting this week I should increase my calorie intake to 600 to 800 calories per day.  I am afraid to up my calorie intake because I am happy with my progress and don't want to slow it down.  Any suggestions or testimonies would be very much appreciated.  

poet_kelly
on 4/20/14 4:04 am - OH

Your weight loss will slow down as time goes on.  That's how it's supposed to work.  However, I'm sure you're surgeon has a lot of experience, right?  So his recommendations for a meal plan are based on what he's found to work well for many other patients.  If you're concerned his recommendations won't work well for you, call him and discuss your concerns.  In general, I would suggest following his plan.  But if you're concerned that doing so will interfere with your progress, you should discuss it with him and decide together what to do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active