6 months post op

KCoop555
on 4/28/14 11:10 am

Had my 6 month post-op appointment today.   I have lost 99.4 lbs and am close to goal!  I feel great and told the doctor that I finally feel normal.  All in all in was a great day but I am so worried about the future. Every diet I have ever been on resulted in old habits creeping back into my life. I am so afraid of this happening again.  I know I can't eat as much as before which I know will help but I can't help being anxious. Anyone have any advice on keeping things on an even keel?

Melinda H.
on 4/28/14 6:27 pm

I had my surgery 8 years ago. I still worry about weight gain. Don't test the band. Don't even try food that isn't good for you. Try very very hard not eat more than your pouch is meant for.  Be honest with yourself and work on emotional reasons for overeating in the first place. It's not easy but you are worth it and the rewards are amazing!

JJ0609
on 4/28/14 7:47 pm

Follow your plan and you have nothing to worry about. You've got this! Nothing feels as good as accomplishment! 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Jen Lyn
on 4/29/14 9:05 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I'm at 5 months and halfway to go. I just wanted you to know you did a great job losing. WOW>

Most Active