Feeling hungry

mtck176
on 5/4/14 11:38 am - NJ
VSG on 11/21/12

I had my sleeve in 2012. Been doing really good. I'm still eating my protein first and then veggies and if there  is any room left maybe a bite of a carb. Sometimes I still feel hungry but I know I can't fit anymore in me. I don't stuff myself in fact I never have thrown up from over eating. This has only started happening for about 4 weeks now. Has anyone gone through these symptoms? Maybe it's just a passing thing.

JJ0609
on 5/4/14 9:54 pm

If you know you cannot fit anymore food in, then you are facing head hunger. This is a real thing that many of us go through. It is a mind game. You want more but your body cannot handle any more. If eat more you will get sick! Beware! It is a very dangerous game. The consequences are sickening. Distract yourself with other things until it passes. Eliminate the food options but removing your self from the situation in which you are around food so you are not tempted to indulge should I say over indulge. You do not want to make yourself sick. But if please note that you will more than likely will dump, get the shakes, get sick to your stomach, have cold sweats, feel horrible for a hour or two. It is not worth it in my book to intentionally over indulge. 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

mtck176
on 5/5/14 12:07 am - NJ
VSG on 11/21/12

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was it. This is the first time I'm experiencing this. Do u think this is odd since my surgery was 18 months ago?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/14 12:54 am

It may be a sign of acid reflex. watch for other symptoms. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MsBatt
on 5/5/14 6:07 am

What exactly is your question? At 18 months, your Sleeve should have reached it mature size. Do you journal your food? How many grams of protein, fat, and carbs do you average?

If you 'fell hungry' but you don't want protein, then you're not 'really' hungry---you just want to eat. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. *grin*)

You may need to add some fat to your diet. Fat adds flavor and aids the feeling of satisfaction. Since you have a Sleeve you're not malabsorbing, but it's better for you to eat fat than carbs, especially if you eat 'good' fats, like olive oil.

Most Active