feeling sad

kendra-love
on 5/7/14 12:29 am - boston, MA

let me ask you all a question and tell me if i was in the wrong, i been working with these 3 women for 15 years and we always eat lunch together, i dont go to the movie or out to eat with them because im always tried and never have money to go out, will the 3 lady are talking about going to canda and never ask me did i wanted to go but ask me can i find them a good discount rate for this trip, my stomach was burning and my heart hurt and i wanted to cry because they never came to me ask me did i wanted to come on they trip but came to me and ask me to book they tripi spoke up and they got mad at me saying im sensitive and im taking everything out of control, but i ask one of the ladys if susan was not there would you tell susan about the trip she said yes so why should not be hurt about you not asking me. 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 5/7/14 12:54 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I am sorry you are sad but I am having a really hard time following what you are saying.

56sunShine14
on 5/7/14 1:22 am

I can understand because it was done to me once and I have a good friend who has been thru it more than once and she has just as hard a time with it as you, Kendra.

Yes, it hurts!  And it is your co-workers who are being insensitive to you, not the other way around.  Of course, I am not in the situation and don't know how you are reacting to them so I can only look at it one sidedly. (sp)  I feel you were right to ask why you were not invited and I was hoping their response would have been something like "well, we know you don't have the extra money for this sort of trip so felt it better not to put you in a bad situation by asking".  But, then they asked you to book the trip for them, to add insult to injury.  Did I get you right?

For whatever reason, you were not invited.  So, what to do about it?  You can continue feeling hurt about it and maybe lose your lunch buddies (because they think they did nothing wrong) or you can allow this to slip to the wayside, accept that lunch buddies is ALL you will be, not friends outside of work, and not let this interfere with that.

In my case, I allowed the incident to go away, but I would NOT have booked the trip or looked for a better price for them (that went too far).  In the end, I realized that they were ONLY lunch buddies and I didn't need people like them to consider friends.  It kept the workplace pleasant so I would not have to cringe every morning when I went in the door.  But I no longer let them into my own personal world, just kept everything on the surface as tho they were strangers.  Only my good friends get a ticket to my personal life.

In this world, you need a thick skin.  Gone are the times when the majority cares about your personal feelings.  Look to yourself for happiness because in reality, if you were truly happy with your own company, they could not have gotten under your skin so badly.  You are on a new journey now, look only for the good ones and leave the mediocre by the curb.

kendra-love
on 5/7/14 2:00 am - boston, MA

Thank you so much 56sunShine14 for taking the time out to listen to me i feel so much better Thank you once again

Most Active