Anyone read/tried lowering weight set point by eating -Lean protein + Veggies + Starch every...

msromagnola
on 5/13/14 3:35 am

Hi - I love reading everyone's ideas.  I can't tell if the original post is from someone who has already had WLS or not.

I will share my viewpoint - don't jump on me - it's just my viewpoint.

I believe it's simple math - calories in versus calories out.  You could eat 1500 calories of donuts and as long as you burn it, you won't gain weight.   HOWEVER, with me, I can't eat donuts and be well - because it doesn't give me the nutrition I need.  Also, 1500 calories of donuts won't fill  me up.  It would be hard to stick to just 1500 calories of donut diet.  However, I can eat meat and vegetables and feel well and feel satisfied with my food.  I do eat high carb items in moderation.  When I get out of control with it, I know it immediately.  One, my hunger goes up and I want to eat everything under the sun.  Two, my weight starts creeping up.  So, I've learned to watch it because I don't want to go back TODAY.  I can't promise you about the future. 

Again - just my viewpoint based on my personal experience.  AND I am a person who never did reach  my goal - not even for 3 seconds!   So take my words for what they are worth!

However, I am happy.  I eat.  I walk. I run.  I have no diabetes, no high blood pressure, no joint pain. I am no longer morbidly obese.  I couldn't have done it without WLS - I tried for 40 years.

MSROMAGNOLA
Most Active