Do you get your energy back?

Lisa167
on 5/12/14 12:53 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I look forward to that feeling :-)  Reading all of these positive posts makes me want the calendar to fly by and have the surgery tomorrow!

But, exercise = fun...hmmm, I haven't found the right one yet, lol

MsBatt
on 5/11/14 2:39 am

Pre-op, I was SO tired, all the time. My get up and go had gotten up and gone. (*grin*) About a month after my DS, I had more energy than I had had in years! By the time I was three months out, I was working in my garden for hours at a time, digging, carrying around big rocks, playing with the dogs---you name it.

Lisa167
on 5/12/14 12:57 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I can certainly relate to that.  My Dr's appointment would alway go "how do you feel, ok except I'm always tired".  Then some other pointless questions that went no where.  Year after year.

I so happy you've go so much energy now, that's great!

Valerie G.
on 5/11/14 6:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I gained back LOADS of energy.  The most important factors is to indulge yourself with plenty of real rest (ie SLEEP that you need) and pay special attention to your nutritional health.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lisa167
on 5/12/14 12:59 am
VSG on 08/14/14

That's great news.  And those are good points.  If one doesn't take care of themselves post-op...one can't expect stellar results.

BTW - love your sig line

karenp8
on 5/12/14 12:58 am - Brighton, IL

I too thought I was a lazy person. My whole adult life my house has been messy. My husband is amazed because since I lost 140 pounds I now spend time each and every day cleaning,whether mopping floors or dusting or cleaning sinks or tubs. I vacuum my carpets every day! I have realized that before my knees and back always hurt and I felt terrible. It was just too hard or top of my long term rheumatoid arthritis to do anything extra. I hated exercise and could not walk down my basement steps without being out of breath. At my highest I was 254 and today I am at around 120. I walkover two miles a day and bike about 5 miles every day too. I clean house,doyard work and am moving constantly. I no longer have knee and back pain or  really any pain from my RA. RNY has given me my life back! Good luck on your amazing journey too!

Lisa167
on 5/12/14 1:58 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I am so happy for you!

My hubby has a form of RA, I feel for what you've been going through.  I'm so happy that the weight loss has given you relief.

My knees, back, ankles, feet, hip, even shoulders hurt no matter what.  I'm hoping for some level of relief from the weight loss.  

I hope I can do half of what you're doing! :-)

Capegin
on 5/12/14 10:36 am

Lisa617, I am SOOOOO glad I just read your post.  I actually (not making this up) had to check the top to see if it was your name of if I'd written it and forgotten about it!!!  THAT IS SO ME AND ALL OF MY CONCERNS!  I meet with the surgeon for the first time next week, and this is my biggest concern.  I've been "running on empty" as you put it for so long, I can't wrap my head around it being possible to feel any other way.  I always say to my husband that I think I'm just actually a lazy person.  I know I've been totally ineffective at work, or rather not as effective as I could be, and at home it's certainly true (read, slob!) because I am so darn tired ALL THE TIME.  My husband will sometimes go to cross fit classes after our kids go to bed... HA!  There isn't a snowball's chance in you know where I'd ever have the energy to do anything after 7:00pm.  No way.  I'm beat by 2:00.  I'm so relieved it's not just me who feels that way!  

I anticipate the energy will come through not carrying the weight, but also through having a new post-op positive attitude.  Good luck to you!! I'm sure you'll do great!!!!!!

Lisa167
on 5/12/14 11:46 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Capegin...were we separated at birth? LOL :-)

It's funny, you bring up work...by 2pm I'm doing the head-bob.  It's awful...and I'm the dept. mgr.  Yah, that's a good thing - not!  Like you I know I could do so much more and be more effective.  So when I get home it's like reaching the finish line and I don't want to do anything more.  It's awful.  I want my life back.  Sure, I push through, but it can make me cranky at times if I'm really tired. Who wants to be around that?

So I'm really hoping for an improvement.  Will just have to wait and see just how much the further down the road I go.  But I'm very optimistic that this time next year I'll be feeling 100% better.  I bet you will too! :-)  Good luck!!

Most Active