Gas, Gas, Gas And more Gas~~~Beano or ?

huskergalWsD
on 5/17/14 12:00 pm

Seems I pass gas with every single thing I eat. Started about the time I accidently  drank some sour milk.. I brought it up to the doctor all she said was take otc gas relief meds. How about the long time post Ops , having same issues as me? if so what are you using to help.? I make regular B M's and everything is fine there.I can't go grocery shopping or anywhere in public for fear I will scare people away from near me. Beano could get pretty costly as much as I would need.Its also interfering with my sex life..Helllpppp please. thanks Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Ladytazz
on 5/17/14 1:14 pm

Have you tried a probiotic?  Try eating some cultured yogurt every day and see if that helps.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

santana1908
on 5/18/14 12:13 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Gas x helps me 

Valerie G.
on 5/18/14 3:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Milk gives me horrible gas every time I consume it straight.  I'm fine cooking with it, though, go-figure.  Try eliminating milk for a few days and see if that may be the problem.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Linda_S
on 5/18/14 4:14 am - Eugene, OR

I get gas when I eat something with a bit too much carbohydrate in it.  I have hypoglycemia, so that might be the reason, but if I stick with my protein and veggies, I can keep away from it.  When I do get gas, GasX really helps.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

MickeyDee
on 5/18/14 10:19 am

Eliminate sugar alcohols and refined carbs from your intake.

Use Beano or Devrom to eliminate odors

Use GasX or something like it for reducing gas production

LvnLf5
on 5/18/14 10:48 pm
with

Probiotics - something that says bioactive otherwise it's useless -- it is a daily thing, not sure what the cost is compared to beano, but it's worth it to have systems running properly -- give it about a week to really be effective.  I've also been told by gastroent.  that your BM's should be soft-serve consistency so if yours aren't then it's another good reason to use the probiotics and maybe evaluate your diet and make sure your fiber intake is balanced -- adding chia can help, but don't overdo it.

VSG scheduled 05/06/14

Most Active