Can't keep weight up, 5 yrs post op

Trishxoxo
on 5/21/14 12:34 am

Boy, I wish this had been a problem before RNY but within the past 5 months I can't keep my weight up..If I get it up to 124-130lbs it comes right back off, I'm having all kinds of medical tests done but no concerns found as of yet, I feel pretty healthy except for some shakiness which feels like a lack of muscle strength..I am now concentrating on strick protein intake and feel that might be the source of the problem, anyone else experience this?..

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/21/14 2:41 am

Maybe thyroid - hypothyroid.. I hope they find what is going on. 

Just proteins may make you lose weight. In situation like that - drinking with meals to allow for more food volume plus taking digestive enzymes may help a lot. Complex, easy to digest carbs like in sweet potatoes, nuts, nut butters may help.   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Trishxoxo
on 5/21/14 4:06 am

Thanks for the feedback, tsh levels turned out good..on synthroid already..But i didnt know about the protein only, I will try your suggestions and Thanks alot! 

Valerie G.
on 5/21/14 4:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ditto on the digestive enzymes. Doc can help with that.  Creon seems to be the favorite.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Homeseller_Rebecca
W.

on 5/21/14 5:20 am - CORONA, CA

Be Careful!

I had the same problem, and because of getting down to 102 pounds, I had to find little things to help me put some on.

I did! and slowly it has went to 140 pounds. My activities change and I forgot that I wasn't burning it up.

It will change and you will start gaining...so be careful!

Trishxoxo
on 5/21/14 11:34 am

Thanks all for the feed back, now I know another possible avenue to check with the surgery center..

Thanks again!

Most Active