Feeling bad

Flower02
on 5/23/14 8:01 am

I am almost three weeks post RNY and was feeling great until now. I am so sick with nausea and dizziness. I went to the ER and received 2 bags of fluids, protonix, and zoftan last night. I was feeling better so they released me but this morning I woke up feeling the same way. My surgeon said that it is not uncommon for someone to have episodes like this after feeling great out of the blue. Has anyone else had this problem?

MrsD68
on 5/24/14 12:26 am

Sounds terrible. I had some pretty bad nausea right after surgery, they gave me anti-nausea meds, tried the Zofran but it didnt help, they used Levsin instead. But I still have days, or moments.. something might smell funky to me.. and my smeller has gotten WEIRD about stuff... It will make me sick to the point I have dry heaves.. I am about 6 weeks out. and it IS getting better. I know it is the hard part, but keeping up with your fluids, will help combat the nausea, which can happen with dehydration. I used  EDYS Outshine juice/veggie bars, they have less sugar, and helps keep the fluids in. Good luck, there will be good days and not so good days. 

QoftheU
on 5/24/14 6:47 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

It DOES get better... this is all just part of the healing process... you're only three weeks out from MAJOR surgery... cut yourself some slack, monitor everything, and if it gets bad or doubtful, call your surgeon.  MOST things turn out aok.  This is a highly successful surgery and you'll be just fine when your body has completed its healing mission!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Flower02
on 5/24/14 9:50 pm

Thank you for the tips and encouragement!

Most Active